Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 10, 2016

This week the investigator scheduled for the 8th was baptized yesterday. His name is Felix Bonamou, he is from Guinea Africa and speaks only French. We were able to teach him through a translator (his wife) the lessons before baptism. For his baptism he assigned my trainer to perform the first ordinance while I did the second. My trainer was determined to memorize the prayer in French for Felix, and so he did. He did a great job as soon as he was reminded the first few words of the prayer. The confirmation was done the next day at church, and was performed by me. It was something I never thought I would do, and I was afraid at first because of not knowing what to say. But with the spirit, I was able to memorize the prayer and recite it without missing a word. So that gave me confidence for the future.

This p-day, me and my trainer went bowling with a bunch of other missionaries. My trainer is pretty good at bowling and gets at least one turkey every game. I didn't do very well at first, so I was taught how to spin the ball. After learning the technique I was able to improve my score. After playing a few games, we all went to a member's home to sit around and to play games for the rest of p-day. Of course shopping was done before p-day was over.

Here are the baptism picture of me Felix my trainer and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment